By TwitterButtons.com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time is of the essence


How we spend our time when we are involved in youth ministry is very important and sometimes a struggle. Since we are so used to being around teens we are thrown into the lifestyle of a teenager.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Are you wasting your time playing video games, spending too much time checking your facebook your constantly looking at your iphone/blackberry? Are you trying to think of things you should be doing at work? If you answered Yes to any of these questions you need to work on your time management. Something that has helped me in my ministry and how I spend my time is to change my mind set to: do it now! Instead of thinking of things to do or wasting my time not doing anything I set a plan for my week in ministry and get out and do it now! It is so important to make prayer our first priority.

Photobucket
If prayer is not our first priority and the main focus in our ministry we have already failed. Our personal prayer life is key to a thriving ministry. We lead by example and if we aren't practicing what we preach we are hypocrites.  Nothing makes me feel worse when I am struggling in my prayer life and talking to my teens about going to confession when I myself need to run to the Lord for forgiveness. Staying close to Christ in the Sacraments will take your ministry a long way. 

Put yourself in the mind set of: do it now. Pray now, be with teens now instead of making plans to hang out. God will reward you for your effort. I pray for you in your ministry. God Bless

Proverbs 18:8 
 One who is Slack in his work is brother to one who destroys

1 Thessalonians 1:2-10
 2We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 3We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 4For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 6You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8The Lord's message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, 9for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment